Under the National Partnership Agreement of Preventative Health (NPAPH), Tasmania is working to develop and run a range of programs to help employers make healthy choices easy choices in the workplace. Funding from both the NPAPH and the Tasmanian Government has been provided for programs that support a range of public and private sector workplaces. For more information about Tasmania’s Healthy Workplace initiatives visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
For more information and advise on how to initiate or improve a healthy workplace program in your organisation visit Workcover Tasmania.
You can also download Your Simple Guide to Workplace Health and Wellbeing, which can help employees and managers implement a workplace health and wellbeing program in their organisation. The guide contains a wealth of practical and straightforward information, including links to time-saving and easy-to-use templates.
To find out how healthy your workplace is, visit our online survey .
The links below are some resources that are available in Tasmania.
Also remember there are resources that have been developed in different states and territories that could be relevant to your workplace.
Find out more about creating your own healthy workplace.
- Tasmanian Government: Your Simple Guide to Workplace Health and Wellbeing - section 6A provides information on healthy eating in the workplace, including easy-to-use fact sheets and templates
- Tasmanian Government: Physical Activity and Community Nutrition Unit – provide expert nutrition support to assist workplaces in implementing healthier eating policies and practices
- Tasmanian Government: Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service in the workplace
- Eat Well Tasmania: Eating Well at Work – A Guide for Employers
- Eat Well Tasmania: Eating Well at Work – A Guide for Employees
- Eat Well Tasmania: Healthier Options in Vending - Employer Resources
- Diabetes Tasmania: Diabetes Assist – phone-based coaching and healthy shopping tours